Consider this feast a Labor Day labor of love. Next up: Chicken Sweet-Corn Soup, straight from Pennsylvania Dutch Country!
Chicken Sweet-Corn Soup
A delicious summer corn recipe straight from Pennsylvania Dutch Country!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds sweet corn (I used 2 bags of frozen organic sweet corn from Trader Joes)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- – In a large pot, add the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- – Add the onions and sprinkle with kosher salt and sweat for about 5 minutes until the onions have softened. Add the water and broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- – Puree the frozen corn and the very hot broth and onions to the jar of a blender and puree on high until the soup is very creamy and smooth. You will have to do this in batches.
- – Then transfer the soup back to the pot and gently bring the soup to a simmer.
- – Add the chicken and the green onions and mix together. Season to taste with kosher salt.