A New Kind of Amish Bed
Let us introduce to you a new kind of Amish bed. One that puts speed, convenience, and simplicity first. The Anderson Bed, exclusive to dutchcrafters.com, is ready for quick ship, delivered by mail, and starts at $899! Yet it doesn’t sacrifice the quality of materials or construction techniques to do so! Our woodworkers make this sturdy, heavy bed frame out of solid brown maple wood with solid poplar wood slats. And it is always built to last by Amish woodworkers in Ohio.
Minimalist, Mid-Century Modern Platform Bed Design
Designed for simplicity and ease of use, this bed is a breeze to assemble and disassemble. The design is minimalist with mid-century modern styling. We designed the 13-slat platform to support your mattress without a box spring or additional support necessary. (Please check your mattress specifications. You can add a solid platform in your product options, particularly for some latex mattresses and others that require totally solid support.)
Amish Made with Solid Wood
This is the perfect bed for a young adult who wants convenience today and durability for decades. Or any master bedroom or guest bedroom in a contemporary-style home! If you want quality and durability on a budget, the Anderson is for you.
We listened to you. And we heard that shoppers wanted an Amish bed at a great price that’s delivered quickly. So, that’s why we worked partnered with our Amish woodworkers at the Mid Century Modern Collection to make this bed available exclusively online at DutchCrafters and in DutchCrafters stores. You won’t find it anywhere else across the internet, in local stores, or even in Amish country.
The first step to placing your order is to select your options on the product page! Choose between Twin, Full, Queen, and King sizes. A solid platform support is an available option for mattresses that need it. Then select your varnish on the wood (we recommend standard semi-gloss varnish in almost all cases). Then place your order and we’ll get to work right away, arranging delivery to your home!
Anderson Bed Assembly
Your Anderson bed will be delivered in two boxes, which contain 21 pieces. These pieces include:
- 2 solid brown maple wood headboard/footboard pieces with connected 5/16″ bolts (1/2″ heads)
- 2 solid brown maple wood sideboards
- 1 solid poplar wood center support
- 3 solid poplar wood center legs
- 13 solid poplar wood slats
How to Assemble the Platform Bed
- Remove the 21 pieces from the boxes and bring your 1/2″ socket or wrench
- Lay the bed frame out on the floor of its new home.
- Stand up the headboard. Insert one sideboard bracket over the bolts in the headboard and slide down to lock into place. Repeat for the other side of the headboard.
- Repeat the process to attach the sideboards to the footboard.
- Tighten all bolts with your socket or wrench.
- Screw the center legs into the center support.
- Slip the center support onto the center headboard and footboard brackets.
- Slip the 13 slats into place on the sideboard pegs.
- Top with your mattress and bedding.