The Grantham Church began in 1835 when the local Brethren in Christ community held meetings in homes. Over thirty-five years later, the community finally constructed a building in which to meet.
Today, the church makes ample use of the facilities at Messiah College, forming a cooperative between the campus and the church. As a result, the musical presence at the college has influenced the church greatly. They have youth and college choral groups and quartets in addition to their adult choir, who sing skillfully along with the church’s pipe organ. The church has expanded its reach by establishing extension churches and Sunday Schools through placing a strong emphasis on missionary work—-over 50 members have served domestic and overseas assignments in addition to the church’s personnel.
Sharing a location and historical background with the Amish, the Grantham Church’s Brethren in Christ knew about the quality of Amish furniture. When they realized their recent need for several furnishing items, they turned to DutchCrafters.
The church ordered two Franklin Sack-Back Windsor Benches, two Franklin Sack-Back Windsor Dining Arm Chairs, and a Round Lamp Table. Each of these items was made using cherry wood and beautifully finished using our Old Mahogany Cherry stain.
For more information about Grantham Brethren in Christ Church, visit their website: www.granthamchurch.org