Thank you for your interest in DutchCrafters Amish Furniture! We want to ensure that your positive experience with Dutchcrafters continues throughout the shipping and delivery process.
Our shipping and delivery procedures vary according to your order, and also according to your preferences. We understand that you’re anxious to receive your order and may have questions, so we try to make the process as simple as possible. Whenever you want to speak to someone about your order, you’re welcome to call us at 866-272-6773 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
$199 Flat-Rate Furniture Shipping for Curbside Delivery
DutchCrafters offers $199 flat-rate shipping in the contiguous United Sates on an entire order of qualifying products. This rate applies when an entire order is shipped together. Separately shipped items may incur an additional shipping fee.
This shipping includes curbside delivery only. In plain terms, curbside delivery means that your furniture will arrive on a truck with one driver. The driver is not responsible for taking your items off the truck, or for bringing them into your home or office. A lift gate is not included. If you need a lift gate to assist you, it is available for an additional $75. We use a variety of delivery companies to ship your furniture, including Fedex and UPS. When your order is ready for shipping, the delivery company will contact you directly to set up an arrival time.
Due to insurance and union rules, the driver(s) cannot assist in the handling of furniture beyond the back of their truck with our Curbside Delivery Service. The customer is responsible for getting the furniture off the truck and moving it into their home.
White Glove Inside Delivery Service
For qualified orders, DutchCrafters offers flat-rate White Glove Inside Delivery Service for an additional $200. With this delivery option, our friendly drivers will unload every piece and carefully unpack them. They’ll bring the pieces into the correct rooms of your home or office, then will perform light assembly. Finally, they’ll even clear your home or office of the boxes and other packing materials. It’s our most personal, valuable way to ensure your satisfaction, and the perfect way to welcome your new heirloom to the family.
There are some locations where inside delivery is not available.
If you would like inside delivery and setup, please contact customer service at 866-272-6773 to arrange for our White Glove Inside Delivery Service before we begin scheduling your delivery. After we begin scheduling your delivery, we cannot add the White Glove Inside Delivery Service or lift-gate option and the standard Curbside Delivery guidelines will apply to your order.
Non-Furniture and Outdoor Items
Most non-furniture and outdoor items will arrive via UPS or FedEx. Some of these products ship free. Others have a shipping cost that is determined by weight and location, as well as handling and packaging fees, and is calculated at checkout.
- Our furniture can take anywhere from 6-16 weeks to build and 2-3 weeks for delivery depending on the shipper that we use. Please check your order status page for an estimated completion date. Please remember that our Amish woodworkers craft your furniture by hand, and these completion dates are approximate and are subject to change.
- Our professional curbside and inside delivery shippers handle and ship our furniture very carefully. The company that will deliver your furniture will contact you prior to delivery to schedule the delivery appointment and to go over the process.
- We will send an email to you with your delivery details at the time your order delivery is scheduled.
- Circumstances that delay your furniture delivery may arise that are beyond our shippers’ control – these include weather, traffic, natural disasters, and other uncontrollable events.
- Our shippers make deliveries during standard business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some weekend and evening deliveries may occur. Our shippers will do their best to accommodate your schedule, but we cannot guarantee a specific time or day.
- Someone must be present during the delivery. If you have made and confirmed a delivery appointment with a shipper and fail to keep that appointment, you may be charged additional redelivery/storage fees and your delivery may be delayed.
- Some pieces do not ship completely assembled, or come in two pieces – such as leg tables or large hutches.
- Please note that the driver will NOT put together any cribs, dressers with mirrors, or furniture that needs to be mounted to the wall, even with White Glove Inside Delivery Service.
- It’s important to remember that we do not offer returns on furniture that doesn’t fit in your home or office, through doorways, in an elevator, or up the staircase, so advance planning is essential.
- There are situations where the inside delivery team cannot accommodate delivery into the room of your choice. For example:
- Some pieces of furniture are just too large to fit through narrow spaces. Angles and sharp turns also create challenges for moving large pieces of furniture, and our team may not be able to physically overcome these challenges.
- Our team will not raise furniture inside windows or remove windows or doors.
- Our delivery team will not disassemble, move, or otherwise dispose of existing furniture in your home.
- Prepare the room(s) that are receiving furniture by removing rugs, securing or removing low-hanging light fixtures or chandeliers, and moving other pieces of furniture out of the way. Pets should be secured in other rooms. The delivery team is not responsible for this prep work.
- Both Curbside and White Glove Inside Delivery require the following:
- The road must be paved.
- The road must be a minimum of 10 feet wide.
- There cannot be any low hanging branches on the road, and there must be a clearance of at least 14 feet.
- The street must have no vehicle weight restrictions.
- The road cannot have sharp turns or curves.
- Drivers must be able to safely turn around after they complete delivery.
- Contact us at 866-272-6773 prior to delivery scheduling if your home or business location is difficult to reach, or if any of the above restrictions apply. We will work out a way to deliver your furniture, but please be aware that this may result in additional charges and/or delays.
- If you need to change your shipping address after the shipping process has started, there may be a reconsignment fee.
If you have any questions about the status of your order or its delivery, please feel free to contact one of our delivery coordinators between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday at 866-272-6773 or email email@example.com.
Inspecting Your Furniture
All of our furniture is insured for shipping and carefully packaged for protection. It is your responsibility to inspect your furniture to ensure that it has not been damaged.
Please unpack the furniture before the shipper leaves to ensure that there is no damage. Insurance will not cover the damage if it is not noted at the time of delivery. Damages not reported within three days will not be covered. Please email photos of damages along with your order number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
One More Thing
Dutchcrafters is committed to keeping you informed about the status of your order, and delivering your new furniture to your home or business in perfect condition. If you are not completely satisfied, let our award-winning customer service team know as soon as possible, so that they can provide a solution.
If you need assistance, or have special shipping requests or questions, please contact us at 866-272-6773 or email us at email@example.com.