Amish Early American Windsor Dining Chair
Ask us a Question
Amish Ohio Early American Windsor Dining Chair
No furniture is more important in the history of America than the Windsor chair. Below are some interesting facts on the History of the Windsor Chair:
- It is said that Jefferson actually signed the Declaration of Independence from the seat of a Windsor chair.
- The Windsor chair style came from England and was then used primarily as an outdoor garden chair.
- It is thought that King George III made the Windsor Chair popular when he enjoyed the comfort of one that he sat in during an escape from a rain storm in a countryside cottage while on a fox hunt.
- The most popular color for Windsor chairs in the late 1700s was a green paint Windsor chair.
- Windsor Chairs were likely the first manufactured dining chair in the United States.
Our Amish made Early American Windsor Dining Chair has an enduring quality about it that will appeal for years and years. It has the look of an antique Windsor chair but is actually custom made for each customer.
Please call one of our Amish furniture specialists today to with questions on the Early American Windsor Chairs, to place an order for your dining chairs or to receive finish samples. If you are in Florida, please visit our Amish furniture store in Sarasota. We can't wait to meet you!
Seat Width: 18 ½"
Seat Depth: 17 ¾"
Total Height: 38 1/8"
Arm Chair Seat Width: 20 ¾"
Arm Height: 25 7/8"
Seat Height: 17 1/2"
Oak Wood (Standard)
Hard Maple Wood
Brown Maple Wood
Spindles and Legs through Holed and Wedged
All Joints Glued
Straight, Plain Legs
Steam Bent bows
Mortise and Tenon Joinery
Tapered, Swollen Spindles
Premium American hardwood
Shown in Brown Maple Wood with a Black Painted Finish and Light Distressing
Shipping & Lead Time
*Please allow additional time for product transfers, finishing, and shipping.
Due to a temporary shutdown of non-essential businesses in Ohio mandated by the state government in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus, the build time for this product may be longer than stated.
Learn More About Our Furniture Delivery Options