Discover the convenience and comfort of the Amish Hartsville Prairie Chair Bed from DutchCrafters Amish Furniture. In this quick video, you’ll see how to quickly transition this unique piece of solid wood furniture from an accent chair to a sleeper bed.
Convertible Chair Bed
The transition from Chair to Bed is a simple one! In 3 quick steps, you’ll make the switch.
- First, remove the seat cushion from your chair.
- Next lift up and pull out on the bed frame and mattress concealed beneath the seat. The legs will automatically extend and support the first frame segment. Then, you can fold over the second segment to fully extend the bedframe.
- Finally, make your bed! The mattress and blankets will stay in place and store within the chair, but you may have to straighten them out and tuck them in again before you’re ready to sleep in it.
An Extra Guest Bed Hidden in Plain Sight
This chair bed is perfect for hosting guests! This multi-purpose furniture is great for hosting family or friends. It’s a perfect addition to a lake house or vacation rental. And it’s a great use of space in a studio or small apartment.
Mission Style Living Room Chair
This chair is built by Amish craftsmen in the classic Mission style. The first distinctive Mission features are the square, vertical slats on each side and the back. The wide, flat vertical faces and square legs are also common Mission furniture characteristics. Long, curved armrest support pieces accent the square design by adding flowing curves.
Mission-style furniture is traditionally built in Quarter Sawn White Oak or standard Oak wood, but we’re happy to offer a few other options as well.
Shop the Hartsville Prairie Chair Bed
The bed seen in this video was located at the DutchCrafters Outlet Store in LaGrange, Indiana. This particular chair is made of beautiful Cherry wood and is already finished. However, when you work with a furniture specialist or order online, your chair bed will be made to order according to your custom specifications. Consider the following options available to you:
- Wood Type options include Oak, Brown Maple, Rustic Cherry, Cherry, and Quarter Sawn White Oak
- You have your pick of Stain Colors, including 25+ options for each wood type.
- Next, select your varnish sheen to protect and add luster to your furniture.
- We offer numerous fabric, suede, and leather materials and hundreds of colors and patterns to choose from.
- Finally, add a couple of throw pillows to match or complement your new chair’s upholstery!
Select your custom options on the Hartsville Prairie Chair Bed product page!
Also Consider the Hartsville Prairie Sofa Bed
Would you prefer to offer guest sleeping quarters for two? You may want to consider the Hartsville Prairie Sofa Bed! This matching, Mission-style Sofa folds out with a similar mechanism to provide sleeping accommodations on a Queen sized mattress! See it here.