Amish Hampstead Sheaf Back Dining Chair
Ask us a Question
Amish Hampstead Sheaf Back Dining Room Chair
DutchCrafters Hampstead Sheaf Back Chair is an heirloom quality dining room or kitchen chair that you'll want to pass along to future generations. This Early American style dining chair with the wheat sheaf on the chair back is Amish handcrafted in the hills of Pennsylvania. The tied bundles of wheat stalks being to mind the American farmers and countryside. Bring a bit of American history into your home with our Amish Sheaf Back chairs.
Sheaf Back Chair Options
- Choose to order side chairs, arm chairs or a combination of both.
- Choose to order this chair in oak wood or cherry wood.
- We offer a wide variety of seat options for this chair. Choose from a wood seat, fabric or leather upholstered seat or a woven fiber seat which goes great with the country look. Customers can also provide their own fabric or leather. We generally need 1/2 yard per seat.
- Order the dining chair stained, painted, two tone finish with the seat being stained and the rest of the chair painted. You can can then select from our Regular Semi Gloss Conversion Varnish or a Flat Matte Sheen Conversion Varnish.
- Upgrade to a distressed finish on the chair. We offer light distressing and heavy distressing.
Questions on our Amish Chairs?
If you have questions on any of the Hampstead Sheaf Back dining chair options that we offer, please do not hesitate to give us a call for clarification, to order over the phone or just to chat about DutchCrafters and the Amish. Our friendly and knowledgable sales associates are happy to help in any way that they can. We love our customers and you will find that you love us too after you get to know us and our great product.
You can also visit us at our brick and mortar Amish furniture store in Sarasota, Florida.
Width: 22 ½"
Seat Height: 18"
Seat Depth: 17"
Arm Chair Dimensions
Width: 24 ½"
Seat Height: 18"
Seat Depth: 17"
Arm Height: 26 ½ front
Arm Height: 27" back
Arm Width: 21"
Oak Wood (Standard)
Solid Hardwood Construction
Authentic Amish Hand-Craftsmanship
Made in America
Choice of Wood and Finish
Choice of Seat Style
Choice of Varnish
Note: Customers can also provide their own fabric or leather.
- Heritage Stain Finish: Distressed with worm holes and dings. Then stained and glazed to accent the piece with timeless aging.
-Heritage Paint Finish: Distressed with worm holes and dings. Then paint lacquer is applied, rubbed through or glazed to add another accent layer. Recommended for Maple and Cherry Wood. Oak Wood allows the grain pattern to distinctively show through the paint finish.
-Renaissance Stain Finish: Another level of sophistication. Every detail from the distressing to the depth and patina of each color, including the high sheen of the catalized varnish gives a 'renewed' look.
- Antiquity 1 (Light Distressing) Stain Finish: Customers can expect slightly eased & worn edges, tear outs, gouges, dings, worm/pin holes and non-physical distressing such as glazing and hand burnishing to highlight the physical distressing. This is accomplished in a 16-step finish process. Colors and samples shown are for guideline purposes only. As with all aged furniture, no two pieces are identical.
-Antiquity 2 (Heavy Distressing) Stain Finish: The ultimate antique finish. This finish uses the same 16-step finish process to present the same aged beauty as the Antiquity 1 style with added physical distressing such as simulated cracks to bespeak several centuries of robust wear and loving care. Colors and samples shown are for guideline purposes only. As with all aged furniture, no two pieces are identical.
-Antiquity Paint Paint Finish: Using the same 16-step finish process and distressing techniques to present the aged beauty as the Antiquity 2 Stains but additionally given several layers of color to highlight the natural wear from years of 'loving' usage. The final step includes a catalyzed varnish and hand waxing.
-Antiquity Weathered Finish: Replicating the characteristic elemental exposure of sun, sea and sand on Cherry Wood.
-Seaside Paint Finiahes: Add a clean, modern and joyful look to furniture. This finish is smooth with no distressing and the same coverage over the entire piece. No recommended for Oak Wood if a smooth finish is desired. Oak Wood allows the grain pattern to distinctively show through the paint finish.
Shipping & Lead Time
*Please allow additional time for product transfers, finishing, and shipping.
Due to disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the build time for this product may be longer than stated.
Learn More About Our Furniture Delivery Options