We put together this video to teach you how to assemble the Mayhew Poly Sling Dining Swivel Rocker from the Berlin Gardens Collection at DutchCrafters. You can expect a similar assembly process for most pieces of poly furniture at DutchCrafters, though this is a bit more complicated than most due to the moving parts for the swivel and rocking functions.
How to Assemble this Outdoor Poly Dining Chair
Elvin at DutchCrafters is happy to lead you through the process of assembling the Mayhew Sling Dining Swivel Rocker.
And you’re going to need a cordless drill, a #2 square driving bit, and an allen wrench.
- Cordless Drill
- #2 Square Drive Bit (included)
- Allen Wrench (included)
- 2 – 3″ Buglehead Screws
- 8 – 4″ Buglehead Screws
- 6 – 5/16″ x 1 1/4″ Allen Head Bolts
- 6 – 5/16″ x 1 3/4″ Allen Head Bolts
- 6 – 5/16″ Flange Nuts
- 6 – 5/16″ Lock Washers
- 6 – 5/16″ Square Nuts
- 3 – Fiberglass Springs
- 3 – Aluminum Plates
- 1 – Swivel Mechanism
The Assembly Process
First, prep for assembly.
Open Boxes and Remove Packaging. Your chair will come with printed assembly instruction
Step 1: Attach Frame to Back
- Set the Arm and Seat assembly on its front on a soft surface.
- Fasten the back to the seat using 8 – 4″ screws.
- Align the arms with the outside edge of the back. Fasten the arms to the back using 3″ screws.
Step 2: Install Springs and Plates
- Align the 3 fiberglass springs and 1 aluminum plate to the seat bracket with springs facing the front of the chair.
- Insert 6 – 5/16″ x 1 1/4″ bolts and hand-tighten flange nuts.
- Align springs and tighten bolts.
Step 3: Install Swivel Mechanism
- Align 2 aluminum plates and the swivel mechanism.
- Insert 6 – 5/16″ x 1 3/4″ bolts and hand-tighten flange nuts.
- Straighten the mechanism then tighten bolts.
Step 4: Connect Seat to Base
- Lift the top of the chair and set the swivel stem into the receiver in the base.
- Push down firmly until it sits securely in place. You may hear a click.
And that’s how you assembly the Mayhew Sling Dining Swivel Rocker. Thank you for watching and good luck! Please contact us with any questions you have after watching this video.